Thursday, October 9, 2014

QJ - Storybook Quilt


QUILT JOURNAL - STORYBOOK QUILT

Pre-printed Book Panel - "Julie's Journey"
Machine Pieced
Machine Quilted
Twin Quilt
40" x 57"
Started - January 1998
Gave to Granddaughter #1 - Saturday - June 23, 2007

Made for Granddaughter #1 -



I took a preprinted panel that was intended for a child's fabric book and cut apart the pages. I then set the pages as blocks with sashing and borders - using pink gingham and a pretty "medium blue" with little daisies. She was 3 years old at the time - someday she would be able to read the story - ;))

I quilted it "in the ditch", but it always seemed to need either more quilting in the blocks - or to be tied - or something! - ;))

I held onto it for a long time - "to do" - ;))

I finally gave it to her when my daughter said that she would use it to show her how to tie a quilt - because she wanted to learn how to quilt! - ;))



QJ - 2007




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...